SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., Nov. 03, 2020 (World NEWSWIRE) — Fluidigm Corporation (NASDAQ:FLDM), an revolutionary biotechnology instruments company with a vision to increase daily life through extensive health insight, nowadays introduced that its mass cytometry systems, including CyTOF® , Imaging Mass Cytometry (IMC), and Maxpar® Direct™, have been employed in 113 National Medical Trials listed in the clinicaltrials.gov databases. This contains 94 ongoing and 19 done medical trials. Twenty-five trials have been initiated in 2020, 3 of which use Imaging Mass Cytometry.
Fluidigm® mass cytometry systems have been deployed in many scientific trials associated to the COVID-19 pandemic, such as evaluation of immune response at distinct levels of the condition approach and assessment of response to treatment at the mobile and molecular concentrations. These systems are also becoming employed in scientific trials for assorted indications and interventions in immuno-oncology, oncology, autoimmune ailments, vaccines, infections, surgical procedure, blood and immune diseases, immunology, and allergy.
“The substantial and escalating amount of scientific trials making use of our mass cytometry systems is evidence of our development in employing our eyesight to strengthen existence through extensive overall health perception,” stated Chris Linthwaite, President and CEO of Fluidigm. “We are gratified that our technologies are enabling reducing-edge discoveries that have the possible to transform scientific demo structure and implementation, and we believe that in the long run they will assist to progress scientific follow to obtain improved well being results.
“The rapid deployment of our systems to help scientific investigate addressing the recent global overall health disaster demonstrates the versatility with which all those systems can be adapted to meet up with specific and urgent investigate objectives, which includes pandemic response.”
Illustrations of the diverse means in which Fluidigm mass cyto
etry systems are becoming integrated into medical trials
as of September 30, 2020:
- “Immunophenotyping Assessment in a COVID-19 Cohort (IMPACC)” (NCT04378777), “a prospective observational cohort surveillance research of up to 2,000 adult participants hospitalized with recognized or presumptive COVID-19,” explores how specified immunological steps correspond to, or may even predict, the clinical severity of ailment. Ten primary U.S. health-related establishments are engaged in the examine, which is sponsored by the National Institutes of Health and uses CyTOF and the Maxpar® Direct™ Immune Profiling Assay™.
- “Collection of Immunology Specimens From Clients With Cancer or Blood Issues, and Healthy Volunteers” (NCT03207854), a retrospective scientific demo developed to “identify improvements in immune program parameters in sufferers acquiring immunotherapies and compare” them to variations in “patients obtaining standard chemotherapy, targeted-agent remedy, and nutritious normal volunteers.” This demo works by using CyTOF.
- “Olaparib in Treating Clients with Advanced Glioma, Cholangiocarcinoma, or Sound Tumors with IDH1 or IDH2 Mutations” (NCT03212274), a period II demo built to evaluate “how properly olaparib is effective in treating patients with glioma, cholangiocarcinoma, or sound tumors with IDH1 or IDH2 mutations that have unfold to other spots in the physique and typically simply cannot be fixed or managed with treatment.” An exploratory objective of this examine is to decide whether co-developing genetic alterations are affiliated with amounts of 2-hydroxyglutarate (a marker of most cancers progression), procedure reaction, and resistance to treatment. This demo uses CyTOF and IMC.
- “Study of a New MVA Vaccine for Hepatitis C Virus” (NCT01296451), a study made to evaluate the protection and efficacy of a new hepatitis C virus vaccine that will also assess mobile immune responses following vaccine administration. This trial utilizes CyTOF to accomplish deep profiling of mobile phenotype and practical condition, all in a single tube.
- “In-depth Immunological Investigation of COVID-19 (COntAGIouS)” (NCT04327570), an observational clinical demo made to deliver an “in-depth characterization of the dynamic host immune response to coronavirus SARS-CoV-2” using a transdisciplinary tactic “to detect host things ensuing in hyper-susceptibility to SARS-CoV-2 an infection, which is urgently desired for directed medical interventions.” This trial works by using CyTOF, the Maxpar Immediate Immune Profiling Assay, and the Maxpar Pathsetter™ details investigation answer.
Commenting on the COntAGIouS demo, Professor Frederik De Smet, PhD, of the College of Leuven, the lead investigator for the trial, explained, “At the start off of the pandemic the clinicians in our healthcare facility who had been dealing with COVID-19 people asked us to operate collaboratively with them to understand the immunological aberrations in hospitalized people. To tackle this urgent need to have for information, my lab combined the Maxpar Immediate Immune Profiling Assay with Maxpar Pathsetter, permitting quick details examination devoid of the fast will need for bioinformaticians.
“This is essential, due to the fact when we’re analyzing up to 40 parameters at a time for each individual cell—which is uncomplicated using CyTOF—analyzing even a several hundred thousand cells generates tremendous amounts of facts. With Maxpar Pathsetter we have been capable to establish a facts examination structure that fast yielded outcomes that assisted notify our understanding of the immune response to the virus and offered insights into how to possibly boost management of infected patients. In addition, we performed extensive bioinformatics analyses to combine all 40 markers to a maximal extent and deep-phenotype each blood sample.”
Fluidigm (Nasdaq:FLDM) focuses on the most urgent needs in translational and scientific study, like most cancers, immunology, and immunotherapy. Employing proprietary CyTOF and microfluidics technologies, we establish, manufacture, and current market multi-omic methods to drive significant insights in wellbeing and sickness, determine biomarkers to notify selections, and accelerate the progress of additional efficient therapies. Our prospects are top academic, govt, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, plant and animal research, and scientific laboratories worldwide. Jointly with them, we try to boost the top quality of lifetime for all. For much more info, visit fluidigm.com.
Fluidigm, the Fluidigm logo, CyTOF, Direct, Imaging Mass Cytometry, IMC, Immune Profiling Assay, Maxpar, and Pathsetter are trademarks and/or registered logos of Fluidigm Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other logos are the sole property of their respective proprietors. Fluidigm goods are provided for Investigate Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic methods.
Forward-On the lookout Statements for Fluidigm
This push release includes ahead-on the lookout statements in just the this means of the Personal Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, which include, among other people, statements concerning the affect of Fluidigm mass cytometry technologies on clinical trials and overall health treatment. Forward-seeking statements are matter to various hazards and uncertainties that could trigger actual final results to differ materially from at the moment anticipated success, which include but not confined to dangers relating to worries inherent in establishing, producing, launching, advertising, and offering new solutions pitfalls relating to corporation analysis and progress and distribution plans and abilities reductions in research and enhancement paying out or changes in budget priorities by prospects opportunity product or service effectiveness and top quality difficulties mental assets challenges and competitiveness. Details on these and more risks and uncertainties and other facts affecting Fluidigm business and operating final results is contained in Fluidigm’s Annual Report on Sort 10-K for the 12 months ended December 31, 2019, and in its other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. These forward-searching statements talk only as of the day hereof. Fluidigm disclaims any obligation to update these forward-seeking statements apart from as may be necessary by regulation.
We use our web site ( fluidigm.com ), trader internet site ( investors.fluidigm.com ), corporate Twitter account ( @fluidigm ), Facebook web site ( facebook.com/Fluidigm ), and LinkedIn webpage ( linkedin.com/firm/fluidigm-corporation ) as channels of distribution of info about our products, our planned economic and other bulletins, our attendance at upcoming trader and field conferences, and other matters. These kinds of info may be considered materials information and facts, and we may perhaps use these channels to comply with our disclosure obligations below Regulation FD. Hence, traders need to watch our web page and our social media accounts in addition to subsequent our press releases, SEC filings, community meeting phone calls, and webcasts.
Senior Director, Corporate Communications
650 243 6621
Vice President, Investor Relations
650 416 7423